The Stanford CS Leadership, Inclusion, Networks, Xenacious, and Support (LINXS) Program is a fully-funded eight-week summer residential program that brings innovative undergraduates who are currently attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) for an immersive academic research and graduate school preparation experience.
The inaugural 2022 program runs from Saturday, June 18th, 2022, to Saturday, August 13th, 2022. Program participants will be provided with housing, a meal plan, travel expenses covered, a $5,000 stipend for their participation in the program, and a small research budget. Students who complete the program will also receive a fee waiver for grad school applications when they are ready to apply for grad school.
In addition to hands-on research experience, participants will partake in various other activities, including social events, tours of industry headquarters in the area, grad school application prep, etc. Priority is given to rising junior and senior students, but any student meeting the program requirements is welcome to apply.
To participate applicants must:
- Complete their application material by the indicated deadline
- Be currently enrolled full-time at a Historically Black College or University
- Be or plan to be a Computer Science Major
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Interested in pursuing an M.S. and/or Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Have completed at least two years of their undergraduate education by the start of the summer program
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
We are committed to advancing a culture of respect, accessibility, inclusion, and empowerment for all students at the Stanford University Computer Science Department. Intentional efforts are made to outreach and connect with students from communities underrepresented in computer science. This includes students of color from marginalized and/or minoritized groups, women, non-binary students, undocumented/DACAmented students, those who are first in their family to pursue an advanced degree, and/or students who come from environments with limited access to Research I university programs.
You can apply to the 2022 program using this link.
***We have extended our application deadline. Applications will now close on March 31st at 11:59 PM PT (application decisions are expected to be made by mid to late April).
Required Application Materials:
- Academic Transcript (unofficial or official)
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words)
- Your personal statement should address both your previous research experience and interests, including why you would like to participate in the Stanford CS LINX Program.
In addition to this application, some faculty mentors may choose to conduct virtual or phone interviews with applicants. That will be up to the discretion of the faculty and coordinated through their labs.