Here is a list of the things you should do in order to make your first weeks at Stanford as trouble-free as possible.
- Apply for a Xenon computer account (CS ID) online at http://cs.stanford.edu/csid on or after September 18th.
- Read the Health and Safety Training at https://cs.stanford.edu/internal/admin-info/gates-health-safety-training.
- Visit and review the following:
- Get your housing at http://www.stanford.edu/dept/rde/shs/
- Apply for a phone connection at Communication & Networking Services at https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/phone/students.
- Pay the University Bill by October 15, 2017. Confirm due dates at https://sfs.stanford.edu/student-accounts/pay-your-bill.
- Open a bank account, if needed.
- Arrange for payroll deductions at https://sfs.stanford.edu/student-accounts/pay-your-bill/payroll-deduction and direct deposit of your paychecks at https://sfs.stanford.edu/student-accounts/pay-your-bill/payroll-deduction/enrollment.
- Enroll for courses (file your study list) using Axess by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 25th, at https://axess.stanford.edu.
- For directions on how to enroll in Independent Study go to https://registrar.stanford.edu/how-enroll-independent-study.
- The Courses and Degrees catalog, also known as the Stanford Bulletin, can be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/registrar/bulletin. Click on the ‘EXPLORE COURSES’ link to view course descriptions, or go directly to http://explorecourses.stanford.edu/CourseSearch/.
- International students: To apply for a social security card, information can be found at http://icenter.stanford.edu/quick_reference/soc_sec.html.
- Apply for a California Driver's License or a California ID card at http://dmv.ca.gov/.
International students: Go to this link: http://icenter.stanford.edu/students/current/drivers_license.html.